Our Home

Our Home

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Arizona And Warm Weather Finally !!

 

1218210890kBn229
We left the bright lights of Vegas behind us for the warmer winter climate of Tucson, Arizona, we were not disappointed. I have to admit the drive to Tucson was a treat after all that freezing cold weather that we left behind us. I didn't even mind the baron landscape that went on for mile after mile. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I really wanted to go in and see The Grand Canyon as we went past. BUT we were low on funds and just wanted to make it to Tucson while we could afford it. The price of diesel had started its climb. It would have to wait for another time. I am getting good at waiting  for what i want Smile
We finally pulled into The Fam Camp at Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson around 5  that evening after about 8 hours on the road. I was over the travelling bit now and wanted a shower so bad. They call the Fam Camp here Agave Gulch which is appropriate. Agave is a blue cactus which is found in Southern Arizona and Mexico. Gulch is a dry river bed, which I found out to be true, it hardly ever rains in Tucson.  The temperature was around 70 degrees or 22 Celsius. Below are some pictures of this GREAT Fam Camp.
64
Yes it actually snows here..
davis-monthan_office
The Office.
Ca06_ 004a_Office_x
Jerry and his wife hard at work
Ca06_ 003Inet_x
My living quarters.
Davis-Monthan1
A map of all the sites, future developments is the Overflow area
1286326-tn_kokopelli-017

No comments:

Post a Comment