Our Home

Our Home

Sunday, August 7, 2011

This Old House

 

house

A few evenings ago Erika, our neighbour came over and asked me would I like to join her for a walk. I accepted eagerly as I had been thinking about going for a walk but never did. On our first walk we came across this very Old House. We tried to come up with a figure as to how old it was, I said about 100 years old, Erika came up with about 75 years.  We stood on the footpath outside this beautiful old house and were both silent for a bit. I said to Erika, I can just see clothes flapping in the wind on the clothes line that was no longer there.  I could see a rocking chair with a old man with a pipe sitting in it whittling away. Children playing in the front yard, all in period costume.The area around the house was very over grown with weeds and native shrubs. A few evenings later I went back with my camera and captured what I had seen.

DSCF0055

The back of the house as we approached.

DSCF0053

DSCF0052

DSCF0055

DSCF0061

Side view of the front

DSCF0062

DSCF0065

Front of this amazing old house. Sun was directly behind the building

If Only those Walls Could Talk

house 1

1 comment:

  1. Nah. That's new build Pat......USA debt crisis and all that!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete