Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Fiddlers Jamin Next To Our House

imagesvfr

I was busy doing nothing this afternoon as I usually do every afternoon. Actually I was playing one my games  on facebook when I realized I could hear voices which turned into the occasional laughter and then followed by the sounds of some one tuning what sounded like a guitar. I didn't take much notice cos this had been going on for the last few days.  A hour or so must have past and I realized I could hear singing now as well. I sneaked a peak out the window to see what was going on. Next door to us the neighbours had set up a jamin session with about 15 - 20 other fiddlers. I grabbed  my camera and scooted over there real quick. Below is some pictures I took of them while they played.


 

highlights
 
SAM_0577
That guy standing (Carl)sung a song Called “Long Black Train” he even made the sound of the train whistle with his mouth. Amazing to sit back and listen to these Old Time Fiddlers. I was happy that they had set up right next to us.
You remember I said in few blogs ago that I had found a new Feature  in my camera -–Movies—. The sound isn't that loud so if you want to hear it, just turn your speakers up a tad.   Below is a little movie I took of these guys.
I only filmed bits of these because I wasn't sure how much I could store on my little camera stick. I found out later I could store A LOT !!!
One more little movie for you  all.

banj23o

1

Our neighbours, I think they took there Guitar pickin and knittin seriously

2

Me trying a bit a Pickin

3

Dann having a go as well.

 

banjo1

A Taste of Panguitch

food

While the fiddlers were still in town they had a food fair and all the food venders in Panguitch gave out samples of their speciality. By the time you had done the rounds you had a full plate. It was delicious.

I didn't take to many pictures of this or movies..Smile  Well..just a few.

food1

Dann enjoying his dinner

food

I have never been known to shy away from a feed.

imagesghy

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment