Our Home

Our Home

Friday, July 8, 2011

Leaving South Dakota- Heading to Utah

oco-ohl-01
After a fantastic 2 weeks it South Dakota it was time to say goodbye to our new friends and move on. Its always hard to leave new friends behind but I know we will see Bob & Snookie again in Texas when the winter arrives. It was Snookie that told us about a  great work camp experience that happens every winter down in Texas. I wanted to go back to Tucson for the coming winter. This was just to good to let go.  The job is in a place called Mission, right down on the Gulf Of Mexico.  Its basically a RV resort but on a HUGE scale. Below is a picture of its location.
Mission map
Link will open in new window, Dann and I are way down the bottom. Here you can read exactly where will be going  while the rest of the country freezesSmile  I cant wait !!!
Anyway..Back to packing up and leaving Rapid City. We left around 9am on the 7th Of July 2011. The clouds were building again as it did every day while we were there, but this morning I was excited about the rain because I just find it so relaxing when travelling and its raining. BUT I didn't think it was going to be as heavy as it got. That's another story. We were on the road about a hour if that, and it opened up. Well at least we got the truck and 5th wheel washed again by Mother Nature. That's always a bonus when travelling RV Style. Most place don't allow it. Below is a picture of the rain storm that we went through.
SAM_0516
The poor old wipers were workin overtime
The rain soon cleared up and it was clear sailing from here on. I had my camera beside me and took many pictures as we moved out of South Dakota and across Wyoming. We spent the night in a little town called Rawlings and next morning  we  set sail for Utah.
NA01208_
We are heading back towards Utah because Dann has a camp job in Panguitch Utah.  HE will be mowing lawns, edging and  some weeding for 10 hours a week for a free site with full hook ups. . Well that's what the add called for anyway, we will see when we finally get there. Me !!!  I suppose I will be farming and running my little Gourmet Ranch on Facebook  and trying to catch up on my blog. Its a hard life I tell you. Smile   It wasn't to long and we were now back in the State of Utah. I was tired of taking pictures and I had been playing around with a new feature that I discovered on my little camera. MOVIES !!!  I was now on a movie frenzy. In some of them the loud scratchy noises that you hear is the wind blowing in to the camera

When we finally arrived back in Layton Utah we went straight up to Hill Air Force Base and unhooked and set up the 5th wheel. We had already rang Danns sister Joyce and had organized to go out to dinner with them. Popular choice- OLIVE GARDEN.. Love their food. I was fangin for a good feed after being on the road most of the day.

food

SAM_0558

Tony Joyce and Dann outside Olive Garden after Dinner.

SAM_0559

Joyce puffin her self up Smile

We only spent 2 nights and 3 days in Layton catching up with Danns family. Dann kids had a dinner and invited us over, it was a good evening. It was a fast hectic 3 days for us. It was fun seeing Joyce and Tony again, just sorry we couldn't spend more time with them.

Next stop Panguitch Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment