Our Home

Our Home

Friday, April 20, 2012

Gate Guard Job

 

Around 8.30am we finally set of to find our Gate we had to guard, we were given a piece of paper with the directions clearly marked. Along with some verbal instructions. Some one  was to  be waiting for us there to set us up, and he was. We took of and only had travelled about 5 miles I would guess and we came to a intersection out in the middle of whoop whoop, looked at the map and it wasn't on the map..Mmmmmm, decision time quick because a car was fast approaching from behind.  Dann made the executive decision to turn right,it made sense cos that was the direction in which we had to go. WRONG !!!  Now to find a place to turn around, Not easy on a single lane road towing a 5th Wheel.  We set the GPS and threw the instruction on the floor of the truck. She was going of and chucking  such a tizzy fit, she actually started to annoy me..RECALCULATING, RECAULATING..MAKE A U TURN WHEN YOU CAN, over and over..Finally found a area that we could turn around. I was happier now and so was the little voice in the GPS.

oil lit

That's one big cigarette lighter !!

While Dann was driving I had his phone in my hand watching the bars come and go as we travelled up and down the hills along the highway. I could see the odd phone tower here and there but not like you see on the big Highways. As many miles as we have travelled only once I couldn't connect to the internet while moving. YES, I play my games on Facebook while Dann is driving. I look up occasionally and give him a smile and then I am back at it.He doesn't mind. It wasn't looking good for a internet connection out here. I am beginning to get worried now. How was I going to survive out here with no internet. Man I am going be bored shitless. My mind was racing. I said to Dann, if we got no internet, we are outa here, he just smiled at me and gave me a vegemite sandwich. Don't ask me where that came from, it just popped into my mind LOL  The GPS was telling us we were close and I was watching them bars like a hawk. 5 BARS..YAH !!! One happy Camper I am. We are about 500 or so yards from a phone tower. The only one for miles. Below are some pictures of where we are actually camped.

our home

That big green tank is for our sewage.At the back behind the 5th wheel you can see the big Jenny on another trailer.

DSCF1098

No need to even use our hoses here, they connected this little tank straight up to our 5th wheel. All the sewage and shower water/kitchen water flows through this, when it gets full it over flows and runs out that other pipe on the right.

DSCF1097

Then a pump pumps it into this tank, which they come and empty for us.

resize

Back View of Our set up. Our Home !!

DSCF1096

Day 1 –Set up and on the job

DSCF1100

This is what you see as you drive through the gate, the Oil Rig will be up that road about 2 miles.

DSCF1099

Our Dirty Truck in her carport.

DSCF1103

This is the Gate we are Guarding

DSCF1105

1st Truck for day 1

DSCF1108

2nd Truck Day1

DSCF1109

A smaller truck, still day 1- That was it for traffic for day 1- Day 2 wasn't much better.That gate is right near our front door.

I have no idea what I am ever going to blog about while here, I don't have a US drivers Licence and don't intend on getting one either, So I can never leave here.

cricket

Beautiful HUGE cricket, they are in a abundance here. He's about 3” long, double that with his long feelers

roadrunner

A beautiful Roadrunner that sits every day on the back of Danns Truck. Been told to encourage these little fellas to hang around, They eat RATTLE SNAKES..        MEET MY NEW BEST FRIEND !!

roadrunner 1

Relaxed, cleaning himself. Very small bird.

He would jump up on our Truck and do this for most of the day. Cute little fella Smile

rrlookdownclip

It was so hot out here that the this is what happened to the drivers side window

smashed window

It just shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment