Our Home

Our Home

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Heading To Our First Gate Guarding Job

 

oilpump

After 6 months  of planning and research into Gate Guarding jobs for all the different Oil Company's that  flood the State Of Texas, Dann finally narrowed it down to to One. Gate Guarding Services, Their office is in Corpus Christi  and so far we have no complaints what so over with them. They were very helpful and friendly from the get go.  Right from the office girl  to the guy that hooked us up at our gate.

After some sad goodbye’s to newly found friends we were on our way. This is the part of our traveling that I like the best. After being in one place for a while its always refreshing and exciting to me. Heading to who knows where!  A bit down the road we come across the Boarder Patrol check point, they ask if you are Both American citizens, You say yes, and you are on your way.  I took some pictures while passing through.

DSCF1064

In line

dog

The drug dog getting his daily dose of exhaust fumes

DSCF1073

Yes Sir, Were American Citizens –to Funny-

notice

I’m a alien and they didn't even ask me for my green card !! They just presumed I was a American citizen don't look Mexican so they don't want to know I guess

flag

Dann asked me to take a picture of the American Flag that was flying at the checkpoint.

Squiggles2_thumb[2]

Were through the checkpoint  finally which didn't hurt to much, and on our way to a little town called Whitsett, which is inland a bit from Corpus Christi. About 50  miles I think. We were told to keep a eye out for the Texas State flag and head towards it, they said you cant miss it. It can be seen for miles.

DSCF1085

Took us about 4 hours I think it was to get from A to B. A being Mission and B being Whitsett.  We quickly set up and I was out with my camera.

flagntruck

ourt trailer

This is one of the trailers that will follow us when we head out, A big Jenny, water, Notice how its in a BLACK tank, I bet we get a few cool showers out of that. And the diesel to run the Jenny, there are also some Extension cords and flood lights on it as well..And some STOP signs.

stop

No comments:

Post a Comment